Bloodborne Pathogens for Healthcare and Workplace Environments
$ 80 (minimum of 2 students)
EMS Safety Services Certification:
Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) training for healthcare and workplace environments teaches what bloodborne pathogens are and their dangers. You will learn:
- How to identify bloodborne pathogens (BBP) and the dangers they pose
- Basic information on HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C
- Routes of exposure and techniques to reduce risk
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The risks associated with BBP in the workplace
- How to minimize the risks and potential for exposure in the workplace
- How to determine the proper action if exposure occur
- Proper hand-washing technique
- Proper disposable glove removal
Student handout provided.
A minimum of 2 students is required. If only one student, then the cost will be the same as for two students.
Upon completion of the training you will receive a certificate card valid for one year, which indicates you are compliant with Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines and satisfies their annual awareness training requirement (BBP standard 29 CRF 1910-1030).